Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Welcome

I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now but found the prospect of actually doing it overwhelming. There are so many topics I'd like to blog about (knitting, sewing, crafting, cooking, parenting, exercise, green living) and I couldn't decide what to focus on. However, at the risk of being too broad, I've decided to just blog about everything (well, mostly everything) in my life since really, it all overlaps.

Primarily, I want this blog to be a way to keep in touch and share our daily life with my family and friends that are far away. If others find this blog and like it, then that's just icing on the cake.

And if you're wondering about the name, when I was a girl, I wrote a short story about vacuuming up my cremated father's ashes. What can I say, I was a weird kid. My father, who is alive and well by the way, found it hilarious. Guess where the weirdness comes from?

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!

    I'm thrilled to read what you're up to, and hear more about all your various interests (Twilight notwithstanding!).

    While I've learned a lot, I have miles to go, so if you have any questions I'll try to answer them or ask someone who can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congratulations! Now I have three good places I can stalk you online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about the name of the blog, and I think dad would laugh at you saying that, and either cry or tell me he'd still love me if I was gay if I wrote that story. Glad you are blogging, I will read daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another blog to follow! Yeah!
    The story of you blog name is too funny.
    The photos from the Arboretum are great--love the one of you, Luke and Dex on the nets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesom Jen! I hope you can keep it going. Looks like you are trying to keep up with your Mom on the pics. Nice shots and compositions! I need to know what the meaning of the name is, so emal me if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Jennifer! Maybe this will shame me back to writing about our boys. Btw, who's the skinny gal taking the self photo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pictures of you and the boys.Congratulations on your new Blog.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! Thanks for the invite - I'll be back often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the garden community. Jeanne was kind of intriguede by the upside down plants but hey, we have 5 acres. And I was wondering where you developed your love of pickles. Too bad you're not here. We're picking a couple of cucumbers every other day. Keep those blogs a'comin!!

    ReplyDelete