Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tree Huggers

We spent the day at a local arboretum. We love this place. It's only about 15 minutes from home and it's easy to spend a whole day there. We've been there a gazillion times and still we find new things on each trip. Today, we met up with a friend and her two boys. It was their first visit and we had fun showing them around one of our favorite spots.

The boys had a blast throwing rocks in the creek for well over an hour. The two older ones decided to build a dam. It was great fun watching them work. So serious!

Navigating

Planning the dam

The damn proud dam builders

Dirty feet: The sign of a good day of play

Butterfly bush is aptly named


Me and my boys in the treetops

4 comments:

  1. We love the arboretum too, what a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time no see, eh? The boys are sooo big! Handsome as ever! Hope you are all well! Surprised we haven't run into you at the arboretum - a favorite of ours as well. I checked out your book list - the "Einstein/Flash Cards" made me giggle (with delight). I, too, have had pangs of doubt, wondering if I should be involving J in more than his little preschool, but keep coming back to the teacher in me and knowing that's not what he needs. I could go on and on about that topic, but just wanted to say hello and thanks for the link to your blog! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog, Jen! See if you can find your original story about vacuuming up your dad to post. Sounds hilarious. Love the pics!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed all your blogs. I loved the tree houses. It was like being with you and the pictures are wonderful.I am amazed by your tomato planters. They are so pretty. I have seen them in garden magazines and had no idea they are so expensive. You are so creative. Your little boys are so fortunate to have such a talented mommy. Love, Nanny

    ReplyDelete