Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

STITCH FIX REVEAL #7 { THANKFUL FOR MY STYLIST }


I know I said after my last box that I was going to limit myself to one fix per season but I just couldn't wait and decided I needed a Thanksgiving box. This means I need to wait until Spring for my next box. I'm crying already. My stylist, Kaleena, has been hitting it out of the park and I think this may be yet another 5/5 box. I'm constantly amazed at how someone who has never met me can consistently pick pieces that I love so much and that fit like a glove. 

For this fix, I asked for a pair of boyfriend and baby bootcut jeans. I also asked for festive sweaters to glam up casual holiday get-togethers. Finally, I requested a polka dot skirt that I have been coveting for a while. Kaleena came through as usual. So without futher ado, let's get to the fashion show...

1. Skies are Blue Mosahari Embellished Shoulder Blouse

2. Kut from the Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean

These seem to be THE Stitch Fix boyfriend jean. I have seen them time and again in other's boxes. Currently, I own one pair of boyfriend jeans and I wear the heck out of them. In fact, the once cute distressed knee is now a big gaping hole. So I really needed these. And they fit perfect.

STATUS: KEPT

On to the embellished shoulder blouse. Oh, this top! It's so cute. And check out the back detail:
Love it! This would be so perfect for a holiday girls night out. And hey! I have one of those coming up at a swanky downtown lounge. Sweet! Only problem is that this top is super tight across the chest. I'm am going to email Stitch Fix CS and see I can get an exchange. If so, then this is definitely a keeper!

STATUS: KEEPING PENDING SIZE EXCHANGE

3. Kut from the Kloth Simmons Bootcut Jeans

After years and year of wearing pretty much only skinny jeans, I busted out of that rut this fall with a fabulous pair of flare jeans. I love them but they are long so I have to wear wedges or heels with them. So when a friend got a pair of baby bootcuts in her last fix, I decided I needed some too. I was hoping for the Mavis she got but I'm pretty happy with these KFTK. They fit like a glove and the length is perfect. I'll probably keep them. 

STATUS: PROBABLY

4. RD Style Donno Embellished Neckline Sweater

This is sweater is just lovely. It's got a great seed stitch texture (the knitter in me loves that!) And then there is this fun embellished neckline. This will perfect for casual holiday parties. I love it paired with this pencil skirt but it would work equally well with a pair of cigarette pants or even jeans. 



And again, there is a fun backside so they will love me coming and going lol. I wasn't sure about this open back but Mr. MMH loved it so I think this is another keeper.

STATUS: KEPT

5. Pixley Hanneli Polka Dot Swing Skirt

Last but certainly not least, the polka dot skirt I've been lusting after for a while. I love this skirt! I already have so many ideas for styling it. I think I may twirl every time I wear it. Unfortunately, it is pretty tight in the waist. Like muffin top-inducing tight. I can't decide if I want to see size up. I think I'll see if they have a large size and then decide but this one if definitely a keeper!

STATUS: KEPT

So that's it. Another great box from my fabulous stylist Kaleena. With Thanksgiving coming up, I have to say I am thankful to her for keeping this mom hip!

It's easy to get your own personal stylist too. Simply sign up, then complete a style profile that lets your stylist know your preferences, body type and size. It is very helpful if you create a Pinterest board to share with your stylist. Pin a few looks that you love so she can get a better sense of your personal style. Then schedule your fix and type a short note to your stylist letting her know what you would like in your first box. Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, which is then credited to the cost of any items you keep.  

Once your fix arrives, try on all the items in the comfort of your own home. Take a few days to decide what you love and what you want to return. Then, check out online, put your returns in the included postage paid envelope, and drop it in your mailbox. That's it! 

If you would like to give Stitch Fix a try, I'd love it if you would use my referral link. I get a small credit to use towards future fixes, so I can keep sharing all my finds with you here. Let me know if you decide to try it. I'd love to see what you receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment