Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

STITCH FIX REVEAL #6 { WAIT! IS THIS MY BOX? }

After receiving a 5/5 box in July and another winner in August for our trip to Chicago, I decided to stick to one box per season for now (although I totally reserve the right to change my mind!) I have been pinning new fall trends for the last month and narrowing down the pieces I wanted to add to my wardrobe. Flare leg jeans are a big trend this fall, and all I have anymore are skinnies, so I knew that was a must. Plaid is also all the rage right now so I requested a plaid scarf as well. I am part of a Facebook group that shares their fixes and I have seen the striped Corinna dolman top often in their boxes. I decided it was time I have my own (because I don't have enough stripes in my closet already...not.) Printed blanket style cardigans are also on point for fall. This look is a little outside my comfort zone but for me, Stitch Fix is about stretching your fashion boundaries so I decided to give it a try. Finally, I requested a small 41Hawthorne Jace Chevron dress to replace the XS I received by mistake in my last fix. 

I was so excited to receive my latest fix and I decided not to peek for the first time since my very first fix over a year ago. Unfortunately, my box was a day late but I held strong. So you can imagine my disappointment upon opening my box and finding a note from the stylist addressed to someone else, and a style card with none of the items I had requested. I was so confused! However, upon closer inspection, I realized that the box DID contain all the items I had requested, it just had the wrong note and style card. So I commenced trying on and styling the items. 

1. Level 99 Dahlia Flare Leg Jeans

2. Market & Spruce Corinna Dolman Top



The first piece I decided to try were the Level 99 Dahlia flare leg jeans. The $119 price tag gave me a bit of sticker shock and I hesitated for a moment, afraid that once they were on, I would love them. And I did! They fit like a dream and were so comfy. I paired them with the Corinna Dolman top. The cuffs on the sleeves were very tight but otherwise, it fit perfectly. I styled it with some grey wedge booties and a long chevron necklace. Status: KEPT

3.  RD Style Giana Open Drape Cardigan. 


Although this is not what I had in mind when I requested a blanket style cardigan (I had pinned an Aztec printed one) this is so soft and cozy, and in a neutral color, that I know I will wear the heck out of it. Status: KEPT. 

4.  41 Hawthorn Jace Chevron dress


I have been coveting this piece for a while. I received it in my last box but they sent me the wrong size by mistake. And then I mistakenly asked to exchange a different dress in my fix. So I requested this dress again. They sent me a small this time but it was still tight in the bodice. Luckily I was able to exchange it for a medium. I absolutely love how I styled it for fall here, with my Frye boots, a colorful scarf,  and my Market and Spruce Chaplin Anorak (from fix #2.) Status: KEPT

5. Look by M Timber Vintage Plaid Infinity Scarf


I have to say I didn't love this out of the box. The colors looked rather dull. This is a bulky and very warm scarf. While I didn't really love it, I like it enough that it was worth it to keep it and get the whole box 25% discount. I love pattern mixing so I styled it here with my $19 striped dress from Old Navy and a thrifted Chico's denim jacket. 

So, what started out as a disappointment ended up being one of my favorite fixes yet. I really love my stylist Kaleena. I think she totally get my style and I can tell by her personal notes that she actually looks my Pinterest board and reads my requests and feedback. 

It's easy to get your own personal stylist too. Simply sign up, then complete a style profile that lets your stylist know your preferences, body type and size. It is very helpful if you create a Pinterest board to share with your stylist. Pin a few looks that you love so she can get a better sense of your personal style. Then schedule your fix and type a short note to your stylist letting her know what you would like in your first box. Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, which is then credited to the cost of any items you keep.  

Once your fix arrives, try on all the items in the comfort of your own home. Take a few days to decide what you love and what you want to return. Then, check out online, put your returns in the included postage paid envelope, and drop it in your mailbox. That's it! 

If you would like to give Stitch Fix a try, I'd love it if you would use my referral link. I get a small credit to use towards future fixes, so I can keep sharing all my finds with you here. Let me know if you decide to try it. I'd love to see what you receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment